Disasters such as flood can ruin every part of your home and everything that’s in it. Most people will decide to leave everything behind and move on, but others still managed to come back and start over again. Such bad experience can be turned into something good, it can be an opportunity for anyone to redecorate or restore the home and make it look even better than before. Here are awesome tips gathered from people who successfully faced the challenges of redecorating their home:
- Overall physical structure of the house can have a fresh coat of paint.
- Replace shutters with new ones.
- The steps can also be replaced with new brick pavers if applicable.
- For the yard, it can be more challenging. The grass should be changed and you can plant trees that match the design of your house.
- Be optimistic in starting from scratch.
- You can use salvaged wood from local homes in your area that were condemned to replace the flooded and destroyed flooring in your home.
- Check out antique shops for lamps, rugs, and side tables.
- Check if you still have surviving furniture. You can bleach them and leave a touch of uniqueness by not completely repairing it, making it look like antique.
- Fixture may also be restored in an antiques shop.
- You can salvage good finds from abandoned or condemned homes such as crystal chandelier, etc., which you can use to improve the overall look of your home. You do not need to buy a lot of new things. Focus on what you can recycle.
- Appliances in the kitchen usually end up totally destroyed and this leaves you no choice but to buy new ones.
- You can still revive the look that you’ve had before with your favourite room.
- The backyard can be a total mess but if you don’t have any swimming pool yet, you can grab the opportunity to build one along with an energy efficient pool house.
It takes guts, determination, and a lot of optimism to finish what you start and achieve your goals in redecorating your home from a disaster.